The world’s fastest trauma CT
Scanning of volumes up to 1750 mm, in isotropic resolution, using a 1 mm slice, in just 38 seconds and delivering the 1750 images ready for diagnosis in less then 3 minutes. Aquilion 16 is still the only 16 slice CT that delivers highly detailed results in record time over a scan-range doing away with the need for re-positioning and a largely reduces examination time for trauma patients.
During the scan images are reconstructed and displayed with 12 frames per second enabling instant diagnosis. Improved treatment quality is achieved together with a dramatic reduction in examination time, a benefit appreciated by many anaesthetists. Positioning the patient “Feet First”, “Head First”, scanning “In” or “Out”, the Aquilion S16 has no limitations.
Combined with “FX” technology, which enables 0.4 s rotations for all scan-modes, scan-time is further reduced. Freezing thereby artefacts induced by respiratory and cardiac movements.
In addition, the highly sophisticated Toshiba Quantum denoising (patent pending) allows you to reduce patient dose up to 40%. This gives a completely new dimension to low dose scanning as Quantum denoising gives you the choice of reducing dose without loss of image quality or image quality improvement at common low dose settings.
TOSHIBA Aquilion 16 Features:
- Ergonomic user console
- Quantum detector provides three slice combinations
- High-frequency X-ray generator
- 896 channels in 40 rows
- Fast image reconstruction time
- Large-aperture, slip-ring gantry and extra-wide couch
- Ergonomic operator console
- High-heat-capacity X-ray tube
- Volume image processor
- Magneto optical disk storage (MOD)
- Patient positioning accessories
- 16 0.5mm detector banks
- Gantry (Max. Clearance): 72 cm
- Image Display: 46 cm
- Maximum Scan Range: 180 cm
- Patient Weight Capacity: 204 kg
- Slices: 16
- Type (configuration): Multislice