Puritan Bennett 840 Features
The Medtronic Covidien Puritain Bennett 840 is a ventilation system that can help patients from neonates to adults. The PB 840 features a PAV system that that helps support a more natural breathing pattern, making it easier for the patient to breath. The Ventilator has a LCD touchscreen display for monitoring where you can view both the data and the ventilation settings at the same time.
- Advanced Technology: DualView touchscreens, High-performance pneumatics, and dual-microprocessor electronics.
- Easy Upgrades: Software can be upgraded and customized to meet a variety of future clinical needs.
- Enhanced noninvasive ventilation (NIV) for use with a stable respiratory drive.
- Data Integration: Supports communication with all major patient monitoring and hospital information systems for use in electronic data transfer.
- Optional Clinivision Mobile Patient Charting software provides the ability to practice evidence-based medicine.
- Low Overall Cost of Ownership: The Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator is engineered with high volume environments in mind. It is durable, reliable, and easy to service.
Covidien 840 Specifications
- Height: (142.24 cm)
- Width (Wheels in outmost position): (72.39 cm)
- Depth (Wheels in outmost position): (74.93 cm)
- Weight: (73.8 kg)
- Operating Time: A new, fully charged 1-hour BPS can operate the ventilator for at least one hour. This 1-hour BPS will not run the compressor or a humidifier. It is recommended that the 1-hour battery pack be replaced every two years.
- Recharge Time: 20-Hours while connected to AC Power
Gas Mixing System
- Range of flow from the mixing system: Can be set to 150 L/min standard temperature and pressure, dry (STPD). Additional flow is available (up to 30 L/min for neonatal circuit type, up to 80 L/min for pediatric circuit type, and up to 200 L/min for adult circuit type) for compliance compensation.
- Leakage from one gas system to another: Meets standard
- Operating pressure range: (241 to 690 kPa)
- Air/oxygen regulator bleed: Up to 3 L/min
Oxygen and Air Inlet Supplies
- Pressure: 241 to 690 kPa
- Flow: Maximum of 200 L/min
Max Limited Pressure
- 127.5 cmH2O (125 hPa)
Max Working Pressure
- 100 cmH2O (98.1 hPa), ensured by high pressure limit
- 90 cmH2O (pressure-based ventilation)
Minute Volume (VE TOT) Capability
- 25 to 75 L/min
Bacteria Filter Efficiency
- 99.97% for nominal particle size of 0.3 μm (micron) at 100 L/min
- Breath type, delivered O2, end expiratory pressure, end-inspiratory pressure, exhaled minute volume, exhaled tidal volume, I:E ratio, maximum circuit pressure, mean circuit pressure, spontaneous minute volume, total respiratory rate, rapid shallow breathing index, spontaneous respiratory time.
- Modes: Assist/Control, synchronous intermittent mandatory ventilation, or spontaneous
- Respiratory Rates: 1.0 to 100/min
- Inspiratory Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Inspiratory Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- I:E Ratio: ≤ 1:299-4.00:1
- Expiratory Time: Te ≥ 0.2 second
- PEEP: 0 to 45 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- Apnea Interva:l 10 to 60 seconds
- Apnea Resp. Rate: 2.0 to 40/min
- Apnea I:E Ratio: ≤ 1.00:1
- Apnea Exp. Time: ≥ 0.2 second
- High Circuit Pressure: 7 to 100 cm H2O
- High Exhaled Min. Vol: 0.1 to 99.9L or OFF
- High Exhaled Tidal Vol: 50 to 3000mL or OFF
- High Respiratory Rate: 10 to 110/min or OFF
- Low Exhaled MandatoryTidal Vol: 5 to 2500 mL or OFF
- Low Exhaled Min. Vol: 0.01 to 60.0L
- Low Exhaled Spontaneous Tidal Vol: 5 to 2500 mL or OFF
- Pneumatic Gas Scource: Air and Oxygen: : Must be supplied at (241-690 kPa)
- Operating Temperature: (10ºC to 40ºC) at 10% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Storage Temperature: (-20ºC to 50ºC) at 10% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Operating Atmospheric Pressure: (700 to 1,060 hPa)
- Storage atmospheric Pressure: (500 to 1,060 hPa)
- Operating Altitude: (500 to 1,060 hPa)
- Storage Altitude: (up to 6,560 m)